Friday, March 30, 2007

The End of Spring Break

I'm 29, it's 11:35 pm, and I'm cleaning. I've really screwed up my sleep schedule by sleeping blissfully late this past week of Spring Break. And I need my apartment to be clean. I have 50ish papers (I haven't counted them, but I have 55 students in this course with 3 sections, and expect that a few students flaked) to grade by Monday--about 10 hours worth of grading. But if I don't get my apartment clean before Monday, I won't have another chance to clean before May. April is the cruelest month, at least of Spring semester.

Laundry is done. Dishes are done. Closet has been cleaned out. What is left?
  • put away miscellaneous stuff & straighten up
  • clean out file cabinet so there's room to file stuff & then file stuff
  • scrub kitchen floor (like Cinderella)
  • vacuum
  • dust
  • break down and dispose of boxes
  • clean bathtub & shower curtain
  • wash pillows and rug
  • dump dead plants and dirt (on a surprising note, one of the orchids that I thought was dead dead dead, seems to be sprouting anew; and the birds are eating our basil--basil?!)
  • hang up picture frames (we've lived here almost 2 years and still need to do this)
  • taxes (not cleaning, but still needs to be done. Husband is in charge of this though. I did our taxes when we lived in East Coast State. It's his job now.)
But I did buy this with birthday money and it arrived today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good choice on the bag
-sis