Sunday, October 18, 2015

Monthly Check In

Check up? I am exhausted. Last week was hell, with student conferences and me calling a meeting for a university committee I'm on that does not have a chair. And other stuff. I shouldn't have done it because now everyone wants me to be chair. I explained that I cannot (research is neglected and misses me), but almost everyone else who attended the meeting is just as overloaded as I am (minus the toddler). They all say they support me not wanting to be chair but no one stepped up. So this week I will be trying to wrangle a chair. I have said that I will not chair. The admin part is not a problem, but writing reports is time I do not have. Grrr. I hate that no one else is stepping up, but I refuse to do this without compensation. (Even though I basically am already. I refuse to do it for a whole term.) When I asked my dean if chairing could "count" as next year's university service (since this is not expected for my rank), he said no. So, there's nothing in it for me. Co-chairs is the next step, but I am definitely claiming I am Acting Chair for this semester so I can get useless recognition for getting us started.

The Toddler is so freaking tall. Ze is almost 18 months and can reach all of our counter tops. Ze can open whatever container ze finds. Today ze discovered that if ze goes into the closet, ze can close the door. We just jumped to a whole new level of peekaboo, ya'll. We're expecting the babysitter to report losing hir this week. I love this kid. Oh, did I tell you we had to take the lock off of the bathroom door because ze can lock hirself in the bathroom?

1 comment:

Do One Thing said...

Illuminate your spiritual journey with Apna Showroom Panchdeep Diya, crafted as Brass Diyas for Puja. This diya is perfect for Ganpati Diyas Puja and everyday rituals, symbolizing divine energy and positivity. Pair with Rudraksha Mala Panchmukhi for meditation and use Gangajal Lota Container for sacred water in pooja ceremoniesApna Showroom Brass Diya for Puja - Pack of 2
Apna Showroom 24k Gold Plated Shri Kuber Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement (Kuber, Medium, 13x13cm)
Apna Showroom Golden Brass Panchdeep Diya for 5 Cotton Wicks with Wooden Holder - Decorative Brass Diya for Spiritual Ceremonies, Home Decor - Gift for Diwali, Navratri Festivals & Religious Occasions
. These Diyas for Puja bring blessings, prosperity, and harmony into your life. Beautifully designed, it’s an ideal pick for festivals, weddings, or home temples, adding elegance and devotion.