Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pregnancy Update

I am 38 weeks today. I also have 2 weeks left of classes and finals. Funny how that worked out. I'm hoping to make it through all of my grading. I've been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions, but no true labor signs yet. Everything is still in tact and in place. I'm also not miserable, which I think is disconcerting to other women who have been pregnant. When people ask me how I am, and I truthfully say "tired, but otherwise fine," they seem disappointed. My pregnancy, thus far, has been very normal with no complications and few difficult symptoms. I've had some miserable days, but nothing like the stories everyone tells when when they look at me all disappointed that I can still move around and stuff. I've also only gained 10 pounds as of my doctor visit this week. People don't like to hear that either (that I started out overweight and was told not to gain a lot doesn't seem to matter). Baby is moving around a lot, which is neat. We're basically ready, except for grading. The hospital bag is packed. The car seat is installed (though I want to try to get it tighter). All that's left to do is normal cleaning, a little reorganizing, and all the grading of final projects (which come in next week). So I'm waiting.

1 comment:

delagar said...

I had my kid at exactly 38 weeks -- two weeks before finals!

But it all worked out fine, so.

She turns 16 next week.

Keep us updated!