I had a dream that was basically an absurd French comedy starring Jean Reno as a bumbling police detective (kind of like the Pink Panther--sincere and effective, but basically involves a bunch of slapstick). He was Italian, but raised in France by Italian speaking parents, and so spoke French with an odd accent (I had no idea Reno was also Spanish until reading his bio). I was in part of the dream (the first case) and named Janet.*
In the first case I was trying to get into the train museum with my friend, but the ticket machine would not give me my ticket. I did however get euro notes in 2, 1, and 10 (or 20?) denominations. The ticket lady told me to call the local police, so I did, using a public phone on the wall, but the phone cord pulled out after I said "I am at the train museum." Reno came, I explained what was happening and gave him the largest euro note, which was too think and he suspected a forgery. There were hijinks that I don't really remember, but there was fighting with little blond boys over tickets, lots of angry pushing tourists, and then the whole place was flooded. The ticket machines were opened up after the flooding, so we were all waist deep in water, and the problem was that the machine was reading the forged bills incorrectly as higher denominations, causing the dispenser to clog up with extra tickets and change. I vividly remember trying to pull out the tickets when the machines were clogged and how hard it was and sneaking some 25 euro notes out of the flooded machine.
The second case, which Reno was called on when he was explaining to me about his background and odd accent (I was the romance the subplot), involved the whole police force showing up because they desperately needed Reno's help as he was the only one who could solve the case. It started with giant Sesame Street balloons that had broken free from a children's parade. Elmo was the first to escape, with Big Bird close behind. Bert was real, not a balloon, and directing parade foot traffic; there were two of him. The floats that represented architectural feats and world wonders were alive and, apparently, nefarious, as they were trying to take over the world and had cut the Sesame Street characters loose as a distraction. Again, the hijinks were a little unclear (as dream logic often is), but I vividly remember a float of Anubis making a float of another Egyptian god hold Anubis head up (Anubis was reclining) and laughing manically at the fact that he (Anubis) was making this other god his servant. Anubis was the mastermind behind it and voiced by John Goodman. World Wonders and famous buildings were being destroyed right and left, and Anubis was shouting (like in Skyrim; it was a unrelenting force shout), and there were green rings forming a cone shape coming from Anubis's snout that represented the shouts. Anubis was swaying a bridge float that had people on it, so everyone was scrambling to get off of it (it was flooding again) and a young woman got caught, so Reno had to save her. He did and they were shouted off the bridge back to Reno's house by Anubis. I don't know what happened to Anubis, but he was defeated. No one was hurt, but the place was a disaster area. The parade representation of the world was truly destroyed (so Anubis won?). I woke up when Reno was explaining to me that he didn't love the girl, he was just doing his job, and he kept calling me "my Janet."
I have been having very vivid and intense dreams lately as, I think, a side effect from changing my daily migraine medicine dose combined with taking Frova every day for 8 days (yeah, I had to cancel class Friday, this was/is a bad migraine (I feel okay now--just a little pain--but yesterday's Frova should still be working). But this one was not disturbing or unsettling like most have been, so yay French comedy influence! I have not seen any French comedies lately though, so I don't know where this came from. I did have another dream last night that was also a mystery. There was some time-travel Start Trek stuff happening that I only kind of remember, but it ended with the main characters of the dream all celebrating at the end by making sandwiches and flowers (idk). I remember the last part vividly as the time-travel people invited the townsfolk over to celebrate Christmas with them (the diner in town didn't have sandwiches and flowers, just pies and something fried--maybe turkey legs?), and after everyone came over and ate, half the townsfolk blew up into to huge balloon people and started floating away. We had to tie them down (I was one of the time-travel people). A bunch of special police showed up because a lady with a beehive ended up 3 miles away (we were in in Colorado or someplace like that). The police were trying to figure out what was causing this, and thought it was something in the food. But I figured out it was the cinnamon from the Chinese artifacts display in front of the diner (idk) that broke and was breathed in by the people who had been at the diner. I knew this because I saw a dog (who looked like my sister's dog Dizzy) digging in the cinnamon and stirring it up, and then he blew up into a balloon when coming back over to where the time people lived. The special police took everyone somewhere so the balloon people could be shrunk and everyone could be decontaminated. When we got back all of our clothes had been replaced by the police with exact duplicates, but new and stiff from being new. Then we all went to a cupcake celebration and the town mayor asked out the town female badass, and they both were on horses.
*Nothing like my real name.
2 comments:
Um. Wow.
I love your dream! I have vivid & weird dreams like that a lot--I wonder if many/most migraineurs have different dream types....?
Post a Comment