Three weeks ago, I woke up twice with an intense abdominal pain that lasted for hours.
Two weeks ago, I went to the doctor and had a bunch of tests done: gallstones.
Wednesday, I met a surgeon who said, yep, gallbladder surgery. "Don't be nervous, I do two of these a week."
This Monday I have surgery. I have subs lined up through Wednesday and told my chair I should be able to come back on Thursday, but I won't know for sure until Wednesday. As soon as I got the gallstone diagnosis, I started doing my lesson plans for the rest of the semester and making the necessary handouts. I wanted to try to schedule the surgery before I go out of town for Christmas, so was prepping. Luckily that's what happened.
I have a friend who is going to pick me up from the hospital and help me out, but I am a little sad that Husband isn't here. I'm not worried anymore than I should be. I also left my favorite sweater on the bus this week and cried about that all day. But surgery is no big deal. It's weird how things affect us. But anyway, November sucks, people. Way too much stress.
In good news, I haven't had a migraine in 17 days! Maybe I'm finally on the right meds with the right dosage.
Surgery instructions make me feel like a mogwai: no food or water after midnight, no lotions or deodorant, no jewelry or contacts. I'm waiting to find the ones that say no sunlight and do not get wet. I bet the surgeon tells me "do not get wet" after the surgery, and my migraine meds say "stay out of strong sunlight," so really, I'm already there.
2 comments:
I had gallstones 13 years ago, right after the kid was born! Worst pain ever. My sympathy.
But the surgery itself was nothing much. Up and around again in hours. And I bet they have improved their techniques since.
Best of luck. Stay out of the sun!
(me, delagar)
Your mogwai humor made we laugh.
:-D Momma
Post a Comment