I am always amazed to find out that people who don't even know me read this blog. Seriously. Strangers (strangers!) read my blog. Oh, the validation. It makes me giddy. It also makes me want to write more...
or maybe that' s just the unwritten paper talking. I just spent the last half hour trying to find out why Queen Elizabeth II's husband is a prince and not a king and reading Wikipedia entries about the two of them to my husband on the phone, trying to spot the fake info. Does it sound like I have a draft due tomorrow to you? Because that's what it sounds like to me.
But I really do want to live up to the interest. Strangers read my blog! Anyway, I don't do any of that fancy, schmancy blog-networking-and-tracking stuff (mainly because I don't know how and am too lazy to learn. Hey, I'm just now figuring out that I don't have to assign papers that I don't want to read. Did you know about this?). So when I find out strangers read my blog, it's because I run across my name on their blogroll, or my husband does and tells me about it.
So if you're not on my blogroll, leave me a comment and say hello so I know you're here.
See, important posting after all.
3 comments:
Hello Tree, I'm one of those strangers 'de-lurking'. And I think I have the answer re, the Queen and Prince Philip question. I believe it's simply because the male consort of a Queen cannot be a 'King', because that assumes a higher hierarchical position than that of his wife (if that makes sense?). Prince Philip's official title is, therefore, the Duke of Edinburgh. He's 'Prince' by virtue of being (ex)Prince of Greece ('ex', cos Greece is a Republic). I'm not 100% certain of the factual accuracy of this though - it's just what I've always understood to be the case. Hope it helps! Probably not. :S
Very cool Djinn--thanks. And hello!
I'm here.I don't know if I'm a stranger exactly, but I am very strange.
Post a Comment